Wednesday 30 May 2012

Love Me How I NEED & WANT To Be Loved

We all love differently therefore the love we crave for is going to differ from what our partner craves for. Why?  It is because our love languages are spoken completely different. Currently my partner and I are reading a book entitled “The 5 Love Languages” by Gary Chapman. This particular book explains the 5 love languages, which are different ways individuals love one another. I used to always wonder why my partner could go hours a day without calling or texting. It IRKED my nerves! However, after reading this book I realized my love language is QUALITY TIME whereas his are Words of AFFIRMATION. My partner was fulfilled because I am constantly telling him how amazing he is and how blessed I am to have him; however this action that fulfilled him did not fulfill me. What I yearned for was QUALITY TIME. Do you understand what I am saying? We all love differently and it is up to us to fulfill the needs and wants of our partners. We must learn and understand their love language so we can love them in the way they need to be loved.

I thought because my partner could do without QT (quality time) it meant he did not appreciate my company or love me as much as I loved him. THIS IS THE WORSE THOUGHT TO HAVE. AND IT IS VERY FALSE! My man loves me with all of his heart he just never understood how important quality time was to me. His lack of understanding in my need/want of quality time arose because his love language is completely different. He can go hours without talking to me but in doing so he still loved me more and more each second. He did not need quality time to confirm his love for me.

However, If I stopped encouraging him, giving him the compliments I do,  and verbally letting him know how appreciative I am of him then he would not feel fulfilled, just as I felt unfilled due to a lack of quality time. My negligence does not mean I do not love him. It  means that words of affirmation are not my love language therefore it is foreign to me and I do not know how to give it. Both parties are at fault for not acknowledging one another's love language.

Love only works when we comprehend, analyze and put into action the love that our partner needs. If your partner loves when you give them gifts, because it shows how much you appreciate and think of them during the day, then why would you stop baring gifts? They do not have to be million dollar gifts. A simple flower from the garden will satisfy them because their love language is GIFTS. No, this does not make them a gold digger it just means they love to be thought of.

You have to learn to love your partner the way they need to be loved. They will not be happy if you love them how YOU THINK they should be loved. It is not about you but it is about the needs of your partner and what it takes to make them happy. Maybe you do not like football games, but if it puts a smile on his face, take him to one and be happy about it! Even if you have no idea what is going on. Your presence and acknowledgement towards what he likes is going to fulfill him and make him feel loved.

Give it a try. Sit, talk and observe your partner. Learn how they need to be loved. Love is not about doing what you THINK is best in loving your partner; it is about loving them in a way that makes them feel most fulfilled.

The Written Words of AJT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What if we fulfill their needs and they do not understand our's?

ERICA PHILIP said...

DIVORCE AND MARITAL BREAKTHROUGH

It all started when my husband cheated on me with another woman unknowing to him that the woman is a wizard, the woman castes a spell on my husband which made my husband change his feelings towards me and the kids and broke our 6 years marriage. i was confused and stressed because of the pains of being a single mother, when i called a friend and explained my marital challenges to her, she instructed and directed me to contact a great powerful spell caster called Dr. Ugo Wonders living in Florida. i contacted Dr. Ugo and explained my problems, he assured me his help and it was 100% guaranteed. i provided the materials for the spell and in 48 hours, after Dr Ugo Wonders of generalspelltemple@gmail.com finished casting the spell, my husband was free from the evil woman spell and he came back home to us a day after begging us to forgive him. i was so shocked and short of words and here i am today happily testifying so the world can know how this great man helped me with his real powerful spell.
To every one with marital problem, divorce issues, lost lover or any relationship related issues, you can contact Dr. Ugo wonders the ultimate spell caster via his email address generalspelltemple@gmail.com or call his mobile number directly on +13863369876



DIVORCE AND MARITAL BREAKTHROUGH

It all started when my husband cheated on me with another woman unknowing to him that the woman is a wizard, the woman castes a spell on my husband which made my husband change his feelings towards me and the kids and broke our 6 years marriage. i was confused and stressed because of the pains of being a single mother, when i called a friend and explained my marital challenges to her, she instructed and directed me to contact a great powerful spell caster called Dr. Ugo Wonders living in Florida. i contacted Dr. Ugo and explained my problems, he assured me his help and it was 100% guaranteed. i provided the materials for the spell and in 48 hours, after Dr Ugo Wonders of generalspelltemple@gmail.com finished casting the spell, my husband was free from the evil woman spell and he came back home to us a day after begging us to forgive him. i was so shocked and short of words and here i am today happily testifying so the world can know how this great man helped me with his real powerful spell.
To every one with marital problem, divorce issues, lost lover or any relationship related issues, you can contact Dr. Ugo wonders the ultimate spell caster via his email address generalspelltemple@gmail.com or call his mobile number directly on +13863369876