Wednesday 7 March 2012

Who Cares What They Think. Let Them Talk!

For some strange reason many of us believe we can pick and choose whom we love. Our hearts bear no care for our physical resistance towards the person we really love. I have known many who rather be alone and sad than be with the person they truly love because they were embarrassed to love them. Love is not an embarrassment and if they are good to you, if you know their heart and their love’s intentions towards you then you need to embrace and cherish it because many never come in contact with this kind of affection in this lifetime. We worry so much about the judgments of others that we would jeopardize our happiness so others would not talk about or dislike us. Who cares! Your happiness is more important than the ignorance of others or their simple-mindedness. Be bold and stop living by what others want for you and live for what you want for you.

I know many of us hide love because we feel if we expose it, it will be hindered. However if love was meant to be in the shadows how would we ever know what real love is? This does not mean you release all of your business. What I am saying is that your happiness deserves to be known and acknowledged. If not by others then by you. People notice when you have a glow, they notice when you are happy and when you hide it you are only feeding into the “talkers”. Why have something to hide if you do not care about what others have to say? When I found love…I mean REALLY found love I was so over joyed and I thought I had to hide it because I was worried about what others would think. I had just gotten out of one relationship and now I was in another. I thought people would see me as desperate and confused even though I knew that what I had was exactly what I wanted and deserved. I had come in contact with real happiness but was too afraid to speak of it or show it because I was too fixated on the judgments of others. How horrible is that? Having to hide your happiness because you are afraid of judgmental people? People are going to talk anyway so why not just be you without worrying about who says what?

Whether we take our partners back for a mistake they made or whether we break up with someone because we are no longer interested- people are going to pass judgment and talk. (Even though they have no idea what has went on behind closed doors between you and your significant other.) The unknown feeds into their gossip and they come up with their own assumptions. I was a victim of caring about the thoughts of others but the truth is NO ONE KNOWS WHO YOU ARE and it doesn’t matter. Pursue your happiness with your wants and needs in mind. Even if the crowd is fixated upon your choice you should never hold shame.

I don’t believe in hidden love. And I also do not believe in allowing one's business to soar the cities. There is a great balance between hiding due to embarrassment or shame and hiding because your love is your love. The kind of hidden I refer to in this blog is being afraid to answer honestly when someone asks about your happiness. Date who you want to date and love who you love because when you look into the eyes of your partner no one else should be relevant.

The written words of AJT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really needed to hear all of this. Thank you.