Sunday 8 January 2012

I’m A Woman Who Can’t Cook! Will I Be Single Forever?

As women we have gained a familiarization to the phrase “the quickest way to a man’s heart is to his stomach” but there are exceptional women out there who are more than capable of loving their men in many ways, however fail at the obstacles of the kitchen. Does that give them less of a chance to find Price Charming? Truth is… it just might.

Men love a woman who can cook. I do not know one single man who does not care if his woman can cook or not. You want to keep your man pleased? LEARN HOW TO THROW DOWN IN THE KITCHEN!

My boyfriend is vegan and I am vegetarian. Cooking for myself is easy. I just cross out the meat but cooking for him was by far the hardest obstacle I have ever endured in the kitchen! I had to make alternatives for dairy and desserts. Still, after much studying I finally learned to cook delicious vegan meals. Why did I put so much effort in cooking for him? Well as a woman we want to please our men in more ways than one. It’s not about filling the “women must cook for their men” idea of the 1800s. It is more so about keeping the relationship FULLY satisfied and yes cooking is a large part of that. Especially for women. Why? Because this is the way we thank our men for being amazing to us. Men, just like women, have duties to the relationship and a good man takes care of his household. The least we can do is keep a meal on the table.

Ladies, if you cannot excel in the kitchen do not use that as an excuse to why you cannot get a man because it’s reversible. So instead of complaining of what you can’t do, learn how! Cooking is not difficult and it can be a fun task. So bring out some cookbooks, ask mom or grandma for some home cooked recipes and brush the dust off your stoves. I understand that times have changed but the love that men have for a woman barefoot in the kitchen cooking up his meals has not and I doubt will ever change.

For my Ms. Independents who feel he has hands so he can cook for himself. Sorry to say but you may be preparing to be lonely. Cooking is not changing who you are to be pleasing to a man. It is more so helping you claim competencies important for the success of a woman. Whether it is raising children or tending to your household. Don’t think of it as a task to please a male ego. I am not sexist at all and for many years I refused to cook for a man. However being as young as I was I did not understand the importance of doing so. It shows a high sign of maturity because cooking is not only pleasing your man’s stomach but it is also proving that you are capable of being a successful asset to the household. Men want to feel equal to their women but at the same time they want to keep their masculinity. When things break in the house we expect the man to fix it right? Well when our man comes home from work should he not expect a meal?

Not knowing how to cook will not keep you “manless” for the rest of your life because I believe all women hold beauty and fascination to them that can keep a man around for a lifetime however being a great woman to your man also involves keeping him satisfied on a large scale. We have to keep our men healthy and watch what goes into their systems. A man and a woman must take care of one another. So while not knowing how to cook may not take any points from you it definitely will not give you any.

So start of with a salad or pasta and go from there ladies! The quickest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach? It’s not the only way but it most definitely is a short cut =)

The Written words of AJT

2 comments:

QueenVern said...

Greetings,

I have to say I enjoy reading your blogs. This one struck me because until last year when I was forced to cook for myself, I was known as the girl who can't cook. Needless to say I have yet to prepare a meal for my King. We both are vegans and neither are experienced cooks but we vowed to cook together as soon as we get the opportunity to (long distance relationship). Your post just encouraged me to stick to my word. Many Thanks :)

sunny said...

My Name is SUNNY.I am 33Years old & Single also i was with you...Love