Friday 2 December 2011

"I am TIRED of Being your BOOTYCALL!"

Are you a booty call? A friend with benefits? I bet you are now or have been in the past without even knowing it. I don’t know what’s worse; giving up the booty with no strings attached hoping it will lead to monogamy or the fact that you act surprised when you find out you are just a “friend with benefits”.

What makes you a friend with benefits are your actions. It’s like money- if you are constantly giving someone 20 dollars without saying upfront “hey this is just a loan and I’m going to need it back”, they will take advantage and never feel the need to repay you. So while you open the “friendly relationship” to sexual activities without a title and without speaking your expectations before you open your legs, please save yourself the disappointment and do not expect a serious relationship. You have started “a no strings attached” trend and that is unlikely to be broken.

I don’t know many grown, mature women who want a no strings attached relationship. We all reach a point in the process of love’s maturity where we get tired of being someone’s late night hit. All women have a stage where they put up with more than they should when it comes to a man- being a booty call or a friend with benefits is one stage that happens repeatedly if it is not tackled at the beginning. Lets be real, it feels good to sleep in the bed with someone and know they will be there in the morning. So why do so many women fall accustom to settling for that booty call title. And then they have a bigger nerve to claim it. If you are a man’s booty call you cannot claim him. All there is to claim is the sex and your title as a ‘friend with benefits aka booty call’. Both titles are one in the same.

How do you tackle the relationship before becoming a friend with benefits? Speak girl speak! Most times we have them over as late night company and the next thing you know you end up in bed having slept together. And there you have it! You are then a friend with benefits. You opened your legs without making him aware of the contract. Even worse is that many times we state the obligations of the contract but forget the fine print. We say, “if we are going to be sleeping together, I am going to be the only woman you are sleeping with”. Many women want to be the ONLY woman he is sleeping with but forget to state “I want to be in a monogamous relationship” Yes they are very different. Just because he has agreed not to sleep with others does not mean he is not having relations with others hence leaving you as the friends with benefits. See how missing the communication of the fine print can lead you right back to being a booty call? Be specific ladies!

We have to stop falling victim to this. Remember that once your legs fly open without any consultation beforehand, you have fallen into the relationship that you never wanted to settle for. I know it gets heated in the moment. But when you meet someone and spend time with them and you think it can be something more make sure you both are on the same page. If you are then that’s good but if you aren’t please don’t think that opening your jar of cookies is going to win you that monogamy that you want. Instead you will be getting a man who will hang out with you less but send more late night calls your way expecting a quickie and no sleep over’s after. Be smart about that magic between your legs and stop using it as bait to catch fish that don’t want to be caught!

The written words of AJT

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so true and made me really think thank u for putting it out there for women to.see. I am but no more a booty call to this guy that I have history with but no more thanks

Anonymous said...

actually very helpful. wish i would have read this 2 days so

Anonymous said...

Truth hurts. I feel hurt right now but have to admit I allowed myself to be a booty call. #sighs#

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the truthful information. Some of the words were hurtful because this is how this guy i was seeing treated me. Ive taken all the advice i have read. And his attitude was omg. Why should wr go out. He actually told me that i was his special friend. I asked him what that special friend was. And he couldn't tell me. He wasnt man enough to say that i was just his "BOOTY CALL" because i wasn't going to give him anymore. AND I'M NOT. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Yep an old booty call I am. I decided NO MORE. Since we are really too old for such foolishness. God we are in our 60's I did make the mistake of calling and wishing him a nice Labor Day Holiday. We have known each other since we were kids. I just wanted to know if he was still breathing as I don't get booty calls from him anymore. Went and got tested for stds and hiv, as I knew he was sleeping with others. That was 7 months ago and I was negative. THANK GOD. Never again will I risk my life for his foolishness.

Anonymous said...

This also also applys to sleeping on the First date, I really screwed myself over, lost total respect. :(

Anonymous said...

Thanks... I use to be his main girl until I caught him cheating. Broke it off but he still calls. I ask are you still seeing the woman you cheated on me with? His only answer is to not worry about her. I refuse to be down graded from main to booty call girl.